Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 239: Math

Well, I'm studying for the GRE again. Although my verbal and writing scores are high in the 90th percentile, my math score was a little lower.

Or maybe a whole lot lower.

So, I got this CliffsNotes math review to help improve my score. I must admit, I was disappointed to see it when I opened the package. I mean, look at the size of that thing!

I've seen CliffsNotes before, and they are not like this. This book is far too thick and I cant say I'm looking forward to using it.

4 comments:

sara said...

ugh! I remember suffering through this with alyssa. let me know when you are taking it and I will be praying for you!

Elisa said...

Instead of a general book ("math review for standardized tests"), wouldn't you be better off with something specifically targeted to the GRE?

Here's an example of something I wrote that shows how GRE math is mostly about logic and strategic thinking.

Elisa (a Kaplan teacher)

Elisa said...

oops, forgot to post the link, sorry!

http://bit.ly/mfiOPu

Rebekah said...

Sara, I'll be taking it sometime in September, but I haven't chosen a date yet!

Thanks, Elisa. I actually do have a GRE study book as well, to help with strategy and test-taking skills. However, my math skills are truly abysmal and I determined that my best chances were to study-up on math as too!

Post a Comment