Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 236: The Best Chocolate in the World

My dad just returned from a work trip to England and he brought us back lots of treats. My family has so many British food products that we fell in love with when we lived there that he brought back several bags full of food!

If you haven't had this stuff, you haven't lived. Seriously, this chocolate is my favourite. Now, I'm not talking Cadbury eggs (though I love those!) and I'm not even talking about Cadbury bars that you get in the US. No, I'm talking about Cadbury chocolate straight from England.

Chocolate in America generally has wax added, which helps prevent it from melting. It also prevents it from tasting as good as this British-made deliciousness. Even if you have had Cadbury chocolate from a grocery store in America, it just doesn't taste the same. It has wax too, you see. And the British product has more cocoa and less sugar (which equals more chocolaty goodness).

Nevertheless, after I titled this post, I realized that it is not completely accurate. The best chocolate I ever ate came from a little chocolate shop called Schuh in Interlaken, Switzerland. British Cadbury's runs a close second.

1 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I agree about European chocolate. Kinder Eggs in Germany..and Toblerone...what a treat to the tongue.

Post a Comment