Monday, February 23, 2015

Day 54: Snowman


I don't have a skull ... or bones. ~ Olaf, Frozen

We finally had more snow here in Flagstaff! We had close to seven inches, so we're still over a foot behind average snowfall for February. However, since it takes close to seven years to measure seven inches of snow back in Abilene, this still felt like a lot!

It was a snow day for the public schools, but not nearly enough to garner a snow day at the museum. I'm used to cancellations due to much less snow, so it's difficult to sit and work when I want to be out playing in the snow or reading a book with a mug of hot chocolate.

But, by the time the sun set I still managed to do both - build a snowman and enjoy hot chocolate. My snowman is not the prettiest snowman in the world, as he's quite dirty and not very round. It was also a chore to get his middle and head put on - that snow was too heavy for me! Perhaps I also would have fared better if I had worn waterproof gloves.

Regardless, I enjoyed watching the snow fall all day and had fun playing in the snow in the evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment