Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day 48: Pancake Day


I don't have to tell you I love you. I fed you pancakes. ~ Kathleen Flinn

Today is pancake day, also known as Shrove Tuesday or the day before the Lenten season begins. Historically people in the UK ate pancakes on Shrove Tuesday in order to use up the eggs, milk and butter before the Lenten fast. For my family it was mostly an excuse to have pancakes for dinner while we reflected on the upcoming season and shared what we would each give up for Lent (at least I can't remember any of us ever giving up butter!).

This year it was particularly difficult to decide what my fast would include. I ultimately have decided to give up negativity and complaining. Instead I will think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.

Sadly I had no lemon juice in the apartment, so no lemon juice and sugar pancakes for me tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment