Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 40: UFO


UFOs: The reliable cases are uninteresting and the interesting cases are unreliable. ~  Carl Sagan

Most people don't know that I work with UFOs, but it's true. Sometimes I even have to determine the status of a UFO.

As you may have guessed, I'm not actually dealing with anything related to aliens. Rather, in my context a UFO is an unassociated funerary object. Unassociated funerary objects were originally buried with human remains and were collected, but the human remains themselves were either left buried or are no longer held by an institution.

I am reviewing assemblages in preparation for the move of a portion of a collection. The UFOs will remain where they are or be repatriated.

(Yes, my photo cuts off most of the paper so as not to publish confidential collection information to the world.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment