Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 76: Colcannon


Geographically, Ireland is a medium-sized rural island that is slowly but steadily being consumed by sheep. ~ Dave Barry

In honor of Saint Patrick's Day, I made a nice little Irish meal for dinner tonight - colcannon and soda bread. Both were delicious, and reminded me of dinners back home. Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish of potatoes, cabbage, onions and sometimes bacon. I suppose if I really wanted to have an Irish dinner I could have added some boiled potatoes, fried potatoes and baked potatoes as sides.

As you can see, the bottom of the bread burned a bit. I'm still learning to bake at 7,000 feet elevation, and a frequent issue I've had is burned bottoms and gooey insides. Luckily, this is a large enough loaf of bread that I can easily avoid the burnt bottom crust and just enjoy the rest of the deliciousness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment