Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 68: Skiing


Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~ Dave Barry

Today I went downhill skiing for the first time. A day on the slopes was a Christmas present from my parents this year, and today I took advantage.

I've cross-country skied before, and really enjoyed it. My least favourite part of cross-country is going downhill, so I was very unsure about this whole downhill skiing thing. In the end, I had a lot of fun. I think I need to go a few more times to build up confidence. Unfortunately, I didn't complete a single run without falling at least once, but luckily I didn't run into anything. Basically, I find myself going faster than I want to, I try to stop or turn, and my skis end up tangled. Nevertheless, I had fun and was proud of my fledgling skills.

It was a good day, but I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment