Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 24: Cough Drops



True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops. Everybody knows that. ~ William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Best cough drops ever. No kidding. I love these things and I could eat them like candy (but I don't). The best part is that they totally work. The pectin, which is in apples, is a natural demulcent and coats my throat, soothing it and relieving my cough.

I discovered these while in grad school at the totally amazing HEB Plus in Waco, which happens to be one of the best grocery stores ever. Much to my despair, I have been unable to find these drops since then. Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Albertsons, Natural Grocers - no luck. Even the HEB in Abilene did not carry these gems.

But today I found them, proudly displayed on an end-cap in Target. Success! I am one happy girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment