Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 18: Camera Bag Insert (Fail)


The spool of thread asked, "How ya doin', pal?" Ever the wise guy, the needle replied: "Sew, sew."

I have been looking for a camera bag for my new DSLR and haven't settled on anything yet. Perhaps this is because I want the holy grail of camera bags - a bag with camera dividers and space for other items; not big and clumsy, but with enough space for my lens collection to grow in the future; small enough to count as a personal item on an airplane but big enough to fit a laptop. Also, a backpack that doubles as a cute purse would also be nice...

Perhaps my delay is also because decision-making isn't exactly my strong suit.

As I haven't purchased anything yet, I decided to make my own insert to put in a bag. I'm going on a little road trip tomorrow and would like to safely take my camera.

Unfortunately, I failed on two levels. First of all, my math did not add up. I used a pattern only slightly bigger than what I wanted and my math was shoddy, leading to an imperfect insert. However, my real issue is my lack of a sewing machine and lack of time. There is no way all of that velcro is going to be hand-sewn tonight.

Alas, this is essentially a fail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment