Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 106: He is Risen!

Or, as we say in Greek, "Christos anesti." I love the Easter season, the season of spring and green and newness and resurrection. The highlight of my church's Easter service is always a stirring rendition of "Arise, My Love." It was powerfully sung this morning and, as always, the song blessed my day.

My dad's sister and her family always come in on Easter and we celebrate with them and my grandparents. These are my cousins on my dad's side (plus my brother Joel, minus my sister Amara who is still in Oxford).

Wait, is that a second picture, you say; are you allowed to do that? Well, I say that I am, so this is my first day with two pictures. We finally received the desperately-needed rain that we've been praying for. Almost three inches at my parents house! Unfortunately it came with tornadoes and hail as well, almost ping-pong sized hail at our house. Other Abilenians reported baseball and softball sized hail.

Hail aside, I am so thankful for this day of new life, in Jesus Christ and in the life-giving rain.

2 comments:

sara said...

We had a wonderful Easter celebration too. So thankful that Jesus walked out of the tomb!!

that is some BIG hail!!! Alyssa called and told me about it!

Mimi said...

Great family pic, but that hail is outrageous!

Mimi

Post a Comment