Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 208: The Lord is My Light and My Salvation

I wasn't sure what to take a picture of today, so I snapped a pic of my ring. I should have done it earlier in the day with real light but, alas, I did not. My ring, which is in Hebrew, has the first line of Psalm 27 engraved on it. In my baby book, my parents wrote down this verse as my special verse.

Years later, when they chose the inscription for the ring, they didn't remember the baby book. It was only after I had the ring that, as I was looking through my baby pictures, we saw the verse and realized that they were the same. Pretty cool!

What's not so cool is the temperature - 105. Today was the 46th day that the mercury soared over 100 this year. That means we tied the record in Abilene for the most triple-digit heat days in a year. And it's not even August yet, which means the heat will continue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment