Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 195: Fresh Grapes

I love grapes. They're so juicy and sweet and delicious. These bunches are especially yummy and extremely sweet. My grandparents have grape vines, so these come straight from them. They are small, but bursting with flavor.

I also learned an interesting fact about grapes from my granddad. Raisins are made from green grapes, not red ones like I always thought. And, golden raisins are made from the same grape, but are dried through a different process. Thompson seedless, the green grapes in my photo, are the grapes most commonly used to make raisins. Anyway, I just thought that was interesting.

1 comments:

JoAnna said...

No way! I always thought raisins were made from red grapes and golden raisins were made from green grapes! :-O

Those look soooo yummy!!

Post a Comment