Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 96: Seder

"I am the one," says Messiah, "I am the one who destroyed death and triumphed over the enemy and trod down Hades and bound the strong one and carried off humanity to the heights of heaven.
"Come then, all you families of humanity, and get forgiveness of sins. For I am your forgiveness. I am the pascha of your salvation. I am the lamb slain for you.
"I am your ransom, I am your life, I am your light, I am your salvation, I am your resurrection, I am your king."

The Cup of Redemption is poured with these words at our Passover seder. This cup symbolizes Christ's atoning sacrifice for us, the blood of the Passover lamb. These are some of my favourite words from the Haggadah that my dad has put together. Though Passover officially begins tomorrow at sundown, we celebrated tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment