Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day 122: Derby Day


The first Saturday in May is always marked on my calendar - it's Derby Day. After my trip last year to Kentucky, today's Kentucky Derby was even more fun than usual. Churchill Downs and the surrounding bluegrass country was so familiar.

Also familiar was all of this Kentucky fare, some of which I never knew of before our trip. Of course I knew of the famous mint juleps, but the hot brown and Derby pie were unfamiliar to me. All were very tasty!

I also learned a lesson in photography today - don't turn your camera off if you've used weird settings unless you reset the settings. My shutter button was not working properly; I pressed it down to take a photo and nothing happened until several seconds later. I panicked a bit, worried about my camera. It was only after I had devoured the hot brown, downed the mint julep and eaten a slice of pie that I realized I had the timer set on my camera. Total fail on my part. Also, this resulted in slightly out of focus photos. Whoops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment